Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paleo Crepe & Tortilla Recipe!



This was an AMAZING recipe for anyone who wants to try the Paleo diet!!

If you have ever tried Paleo pancakes before, they are a little dense and chewy, but THESE are light and crispy and delicious!!!

I ALSO use this recipe (as it is very plain) to make tortillas!


I was amazed that they held together so well, and were so easy to make!!!

The Best Part about these is that they are low carb, and low calorie!

Per crepe/tortilla:
74 Calories 
 2 carbs
5 fats
4 proteins



Directions:
1. Whisk Together 6 eggs, 1 Cup almond milk & 2  tsps melted coconut oil!
2. Sift in 3 tbs. coconut flour and whisk! 
3. Let sit for 10 minutes, then whisk again!
4. Heat a medium/large pan and grease with coconut oil or butter

THIS is the fun part!
1. Pour about a 1/4 - 1/3 cup of mixture into the pan, and quickly spread the mixture around the pan evenly!
2. Flip with the edges start turning up - I flip mine with my hands!

THEN ENJOY!






I have found several different ways to enjoy these! 

The best part is, so far they have stored great!

Sunday evening I made about 5 medium sized crepes/tortillas (halved the recipe)

and I have been able to store them in a Ziplock and keep reusing them!!

Enjoy!

20 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to make these!!! Thanks ;)

    Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut flour or almond flour? The recipe says coconut but the directions say almond. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconot Flour!!! Thanks for catching that for me ;)

      Delete
  3. The above given recipe is really very nice. It is easy and tastes good. Thanks for such a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you use real milk or coconut milk in this? im all out of almond milk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried making it and it was a total disaster! When I tried to flip the tortilla it just broke. Although it looked more like scrambled egg tortilla it tasted good. My kids thought it was a pancake...

    ReplyDelete