Saturday, April 27, 2013

Brussels Sprout Salad!

Before I ever tried this salad, the only way I would eat Brussels Sprouts was roasted, as a side dish veggie!

One day on Pinterest I stumbled upon a picture of a Brussels sprout salad!

I knew I had to try it, and it is DELICIOUS!



You just have to treat the Brussels Sprouts like the mini cabbages they are!
Slice them thin from the top down & discard of the bottom/stem part...

 Look how amazing the b-sprouts turn out when they are all chopped up! 
Doesn't it look like coleslaw?


Then I assembled my mix ins!

Basically what I was going for was:
a type of cheese
a type of nut
a type of protein
& extra veggies



 I used what I had in the house which was bacon, feta cheese & almonds!




It turned out so amazing! 

This salad is def. going to be a good way for me to get extra veggies in!


What are the weirdest ways you have prepared vegetables?

2 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy. I never really liked Brussels sprouts but that looks manageable. Going to try this after a quick shop at the grocery store. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love Brussels sprouts. I'm definitely going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete