Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Why I am Switching to Monthly Weight Ins & WOD


I was a little surprised at my gain this week. 

I had done great on my diet, I worked out awesome.. what was it?

One of my LOVELY followers wrote to me:

"Super Sore = Water Retention... It'll Flush out!"

I had never heard of this before... and was shocked to learn how much your weight can fluctuate just by retaining water!

I found an AMAZING article that cleared things up for me on the Live Strong Website, you can read it  HERE.

Basically, when you train with weights you are susceptible to something called DOMS.

DOMS stands for: Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Aside from the obvious symptoms: Soreness & Reduced range of motion, 

I read this:

"what you may not anticipate is the slight weight gain of a few pounds a day or two after your workout. Don't worry. The extra weight is just water due to inflammation that will go away in a few days."

I also read that It could take up to 96 hours to go away!

Since I am dedicating my life to becoming a HEALTHY & FIT person, I am GOING to be weight training several times throughout the week. 

What is the point of weighing myself weekly if the weight is just fluctuating because of water retention?


Well guys, It's been real, but I am now and forever switching to:

 So My next weigh in will Officially be November  11th...

MARK your calendars ;)

I think this will be better for me. 

It is NOT healthy to be obsessed with the number on the scale. 

I will be sharing more about this soon, with a blast to my past, and share with you guys something very personal...My sister  and the story behind her eating disorder. 


This is also somthing that is motivating me to move to monthly weigh ins... ANYWHO!

Lets check out todays wod:

   
  Quite honestly, I do NOT know what everything in this wod even is...  guess I will find out at the gym ;)

Have a fabulous day!

6 comments:

  1. I think switching is a great idea for you, don't focus on weight number! When I was a senior in high school I weighed 130/size 4 and last year (5 years after high school) when I lost some college weight gain I got down to 140 but again was a size 4 due to weight training. I "weighed" more but looked just as small. Skinny fit might weigh more but looks better without clothes on lol! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!!! :) Thanks for sharing that with me!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I have no idea what a bar facing burpee is - haven't done that one before.
    Weight training definitely leads to some body weight fluctuation. I weigh myself each morning - more to keep me in check and make sure I'm paying attention to what I'm eating. I think that's ok as long as you don't get distracted by the number on the scale (e.g. beating yourself up because you're up a pound). Choose whatever weigh-in method is going to be positive for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good idea to switch to monthly, you'll notice more of a difference so it'll keep you motivated.

    I wondered why I always ached like crazy 48 hours after the gym, I didnt realise it was due to DOMS. Shall have to read up on it. Thanks :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete