Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday!! Recipe & Mobility Workout!


Wanna Know How I spent MY Saturday Morning??

I woke up bright and early and came HERE:


It's safe to say that I am begging to LOVE CrossFit and I will soon be one of the "regulars" at East Valley CF!!!!
(but for now, I'm PAINFULLY & OBVIOUSLY a newb)

I spent one hour taking a Mobility Class!! Oh my gosh it was AWESOME!



Basically a stretching class on crack...

Then I spent an Hour at open Gym learning how to do a handstand push ups & working on toes to bar!!! I'm almost there!!!

I also watched Jeff do a Workout that's called The Bear?

He basically looked like this the whole time:

or maybe more like this..



When I got home I helped my sister make 


Here are the ingredients:

1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I used hot to give it a kick)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
2 gloves garlic, minced
2 cups of water
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 lime
7 Corn Tortillas
vegetable oil

This is the Original Recipe from: Eat Yourself Skinny!


We Adjusted the recipe, obviously NOT putting in the tortillas, and almost DOUBLING The amount of veggies in there + added black beans!!!


Isn't my sister cute??!!!

The soup smells so good, we are slow cooking it in the Crock Pot all day!!!!

Guess what else?

Jeff and I are making Paleo Cookies today!!

Yipee!

How's your Saturday Going??


4 comments:

  1. I could do with a mobility class - my joints are still pretty much all the time, which sucks :( Don't think I'd ever be able to manage the bear though!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMM that recipe looks soooooooo good! Definitely something I will be making!

    One thing I fail at is stretching! I always forget to stretch and foam roll after WODs, which is so bad. No wonder I'm not flexible! hahaha

    and ya crossfit is awesome! Just joined a gym and I've been going every single day hahah. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :) When did you start CrossFit! I'm totally an addict now :) I haven't done an intense mobility class though - sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started CrossFit in the begining of october!! I LOVE it

      Delete