Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Almost Paleo Pasta!!



For those of you who don't know, I like to think that I eat 80% Paleo. 

I got this mindset out of a Paleo Diet book I was reading!

80% Keeps you sane, and ON TRACK

I have lost an average of 1 lb a week doing this!

I know your looking at this and going PASTA??!! How is PASTA Paleo??!!

Well I have news for you...

Whole foods has this delicious brand of noodles made out of Quinoa Flour! Totally Paleo!

Now, whats the 20% that is not Paleo in this dish?

CHEESE

I have not cut cheese out of my diet... and I probably NEVER will!

Bear with me- I am not into measurements, so just season with ingredients to your liking!

Ingredients:
Quinoa Macaroni Noodles
Italian Blend Cheese
Olive Oil
Pesto
Italian Seasonings
Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Salt


Step 1: Cook the pasta according to the box and drain

Step 2: Drizzle the noodles with olive oil 

Step 3: Toss in the Seasonings & Pesto to Taste

Step 4: Sprinkle in Italian blend cheese

Step 5: Pour the mixture into a casserole pan and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees

ENJOY!!!!!


***Note: I will NOT bet eating my leftovers tomorrow, because this is kind of a sanity saver (almost paleo, but with a little extra to keep me sane) ...

I'll be saving this for my next round of cravings :)


5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmhh that looks delicious!! Bookmarking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to give up cheese, I'd go crazy! Looks great, though I'm a bit wary about the Paleo diet. Good to see you're getting great results from it!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good! We don't have a Whole Foods store here. I am gluten sensitive and have not eaten pasta in almost a year. The gluten free pasta I tried tasted nasty. Oh, and I could never give up cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ι think this is аmong the mοst impoгtant info foг me.
    Αnd i am glаd rеading your article.
    Βut want to гemark οn few general
    thіngs, The site style is ρегfect, thе artісles is really excellеnt : D.
    Good job, chееrs

    my web ρage - article directory submitter

    ReplyDelete