Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Reminder of how FAR I have to go.


In the midst of all the excitement of feeling thinner than I have in over a year, of being able to do CrossFit workouts with my boyfriend, I forgot how far i STILL have to go. 



Today my little brother invited me to go running with him. 

He played baseball for MANY years and is in pretty great shape. 

I thought it sounded like fun, so I agreed to go with him!

Well, let me just say I got my BUTT KICKED!!!

My brother runs FAST

I was NOT able to keep up with him, and ended up running at least 30 ft. behind him then entire run, with the goal of Just Not Stopping!

Although I know I slowed him down, and maybe even ruined his workout, my brother was super nice and encouraging the whole time. 

When I got back home I had the realization

I am nowhere near my fitness goal. 

I still have a long, long way to go!

My goal is to run the Spartan Race in February.

Yep... 

Today's experience only PROVED that I need to join the CrossFit gym this week!

I am nervous...

But I know it will be worth it!!


How close are you to your fitness goals?

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm still way off. I'm going to sign up for a 5km charity run in November as a way of testing myself (I would have completed the Couch to 5K program by then).

    You might still have a way to go, but look how far you've come!

    Jamie @ Zombie Food to Zombie Fit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dani! I'm sure you have what it takes to get there. Everyone on the weightloss blog community knows it's not easy at all but it's worth the pain!!

    In my case I don't have any specific fitness goal. It's more like feeling good about myself and being proud of my body. That is kind of complicated sometimes as even if I look BETTER than what I used to that doesn't mean I look GOOD. I'll get there!!!

    Have a good week :D

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete