Saturday, July 14, 2012

No W.O.D Today...Grocery Lists and Reminisce

No W.O.D Today guys, and no sexy Zumba.

I was right last night when I said I thought I was getting sick, 

I woke up today with an extra sore throat and a pounding head...

YAY ME

So I'm going to take a break from the gym today, and add Vitamin C to my grocery list!!

Here is what is on my list for the week
(I have allot in the house still so its short)

Chicken
Greek Yogurt
Vitamin C
Quinoa
Vinaigrette
Spinach
Red Onions
Frozen Veggies

As I was putting away laundry this morning, I found myself reminiscing over all the different diets/phases I have tried in the past to lose weight that only lasted for a short period of time:

The Atkins Diet
The Eat Clean Diet
The HCG diet
Weight Watchers
The NO CARB diet 
(done that one many many many times)
and just plain ole' counting calories...


Then I asked Myself:
Why did these diets and phases only last a short period of time in the past?? why were they not permanent fixes, and how will this time be different?

And I knew the answer. 

This time is different because it's REAL. 

Eating healthy is not a phase, a fad diet or a quick fix. 

If you make it your way of life, you will be HEALTHY, not just SKINNY. 

You are EXERCISING, not JUST dieting. 

You are building a STRONGER and BETTER body. 



Do you like the motivational speeches I give myself while doing laundry??
A very inspiring laundry trip. 

But as I folded the last T-shirt, I felt the motivation I needed for the upcoming week. 

I feel proud that I have stuck with this for two weeks. 

This is NOT just a fad diet. 

 Happy Saturday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I found your blog through the Blog Hop. I can totally relate to this, I think we've all been a part of some kind of "fad" diet at some point in our lives. And you're right, we rarely ever stick to it when the goal is to be "skinny" versus being HEALTHY. Great blog, I look forward to reading more! -Mia, thesuttonfamily1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete